Your in-store shopping experience
We’ve asked that any employee with fever or symptoms of illness stay home. We hope you will too—and that you get better soon!
Face coverings are required to be worn by associates and customers while in our stores.
We are practicing social distancing and ask all customers to do the same by maintaining a distance of at least six feet from others while in the store. We may need to limit the number of shoppers in the store at times.
We are following local and CDC guidelines to frequently sanitize highly touched surfaces. All in-store classes and Open Tables remain closed.
Closing Public Facilities
For the safety of our customers and associates our restrooms and water fountains are currently not available for use.
The response to COVID-19 is still ongoing. The road back to normal will have more twists and turns. We’re closely monitoring infection hot spots where our stores are located. As these situations unfold, we may need to modify staffing and store hours, switch to curbside-only or reclose our store temporarily to do our part in keeping employees and customers safe in these affected communities.
We're also offering Contactless, Curbside Pick-up
Call Your Store
Call your local store and place your order.
We take your credit card information over the phone. In order to maintain our safety protocol, we cannot accept cash or other forms of payment at the time of pick-up.
Schedule a Pick-up
Once you've placed your order, your store associate will work with you to designate a pick-up time that works with your schedule.
Confirmation & Instructions
Next, you will receive an order confirmation with your receipt, your pick-up window, and instructions on how to pick up your order.
Picking up is as easy as 1,2,3
1. PARK in our designated pick-up area.
2. CALL us to let us know that you’ve arrived.
3. OPEN your trunk or car door so we can load your order. THEN, KICK BACK & RELAX – we ask that you remain in your car while we load your order to maintain appropriate social distancing.
Check our store locator for a list of stores currently offering curbside pick-up
Some Frequently asked questions
If my store is closed, how can I continue to shop with Tandy
Most of our stores are temporarily closed due to COVID-19. You can still shop online or call us at 877-LEATHER to place an order over the phone.
How long will it take for my online order to be processed?
We are working hard to get your items to you as quickly as possible. Currently we are processing online orders within 5 business days. Transit time varies based on the shipping method selected at checkout. You will receive a shipping confirmation once your order is processed confirming your estimated delivery timeframe.
How will I know when my local store is opening?
We are taking a careful look at many factors as we reopen stores. The health and safety of our store associates and our community have always been our top priority. This page will be updated with a list of upcoming store openings as we have them. Signing up for our email list and checking Google are also great ways to get the most up-to-date information on your local store!
What days and times will my store be open?
Select store that have reopened will have reduced hours. For the most up-to-date store hours check out your local store on our website!
Are you permanently closing any of your stores?
Yes, we recently made the difficult decision to permanently close 8 of our store locations. In the face of huge uncertainty over the duration and ongoing economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we had to take a closer look at the profitability of our store locations.
These are very tough decisions that have an impact on our Tandy family of employees and our communities that we do not take lightly. We are taking every precaution to ensure that Tandy Leather survives the pandemic and we continue the legacy that we have built over the last 100 years.
Are you accepting returns?
Yes, we are accepting returns. Please refer to our updated return policy for more details or contact Customer Service at 877-LEATHER for assistance.
Read a few words from
our ceo, Janet Carr
We’re carving out a new normal at Tandy! I am excited to share that we are beginning a phased approach to safely reopen stores to the public in addition to offering contact-free curbside pickup. This will be just a few stores to start, but we expect to continue reopening locations as it becomes safe to do so. The health and safety of our employees, customers, their families, and our communities are our highest priority. This is what we’re doing to safely welcome you back into our stores:
- We’ve asked that any employee with fever or symptoms of illness stay home. We hope you will too—and that you get better soon!
- Our associates will be wearing face coverings, and we’re asking our customers to wear them too.
- We are practicing social distancing and ask all customers to do the same by maintaining a distance of at least six feet from others while in the store. To take the guess work out of where to stand while waiting to be checked out, we’ve marked the floor with X’s.
- We’re still accepting all forms of payment. If you prefer cash, we ask that you place it on the counter instead of handing it to the store associate.
- We are following CDC and local guidelines to sanitize high touch surfaces frequently.
- All in-store classes and Open Tables remain closed, but we continue to #leathertogether in online classes and other digital resources via our Instagram and Facebook.
- Depending on the store and the number of customers visiting at one time, we may need to limit the number of shoppers in the store. If we need to ask you to wait outside, please maintain a safe distance from others and wait for our store associate to invite you inside.
- As we move forward with reopening our retail locations, we will continue to assess and implement protocols as needed to keep your shopping experience safe and enjoyable.
For our customers who are not comfortable shopping in store, we are offering contact-free curbside pickup at all reopened locations and other select locations. Just call your local store to place and pay for your order in advance. Our associates will work with you to set up a pickup time and bring your order right out to your car.
We’re open all day, every day online. For our customers that do not have an open store nearby, continue to visit us at tandyleather.com and we will deliver your order right to your home. If you need additional assistance placing an order, call us at 877-LEATHER.
In the face of uncertainty over the duration and ongoing economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, we had to take a closer look at the profitability of our store locations. After which we made the difficult decision to permanently close 8 of our store locations. These are very tough decisions that have an impact on our employees, our customers, and our communities, which we do not take lightly. We are taking every precaution to ensure that Tandy Leather survives the pandemic and we continue the legacy that has been built over the last 100 years.
On behalf of the entire Tandy team, we thank you for your continued support, loyalty and patience as we all get through this challenge. Whether it is online or in-store, we are all looking forward to seeing you again soon!