Jennifer Anderson, founder of LOV Leathers, made a custom pattern to pair with our Calico Kit. Follow her step-by-step tutorial and download the FREE pattern to get started!
Download the FREE Pattern
Shop All Materials
Stamps (Back Side):
- Wet leather and let return to natural color
- Trace pattern onto leather, tape down if needed (stars optional)
- Carve pattern with swivel knife
- Bevel around all swivel cuts
- Pear shade on flower parts
- Keep leather wet with sponge and let dry to natural color
- Background area where desired
- Start decorative cuts, you may use the patterns or choose to do your own kind
- Optional: Stamp the backside of clutch with desired tools or repeat pattern
- Let leather completely dry before staining it
- Optional: Paint area with Angelus Leather Paint before staining. Move quickly in large areas and quickly remove excess stain. If areas are not even, go over them again and repeat the process.
- Once dry, use a damp sponge or paper towel to stain leather – stain inside and outside of clutch
Once stained and completely dry, assemble the kit by following the instructions here!
Jennifer Anderson grew up in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado with an artistic family where creative expression was encouraged. As the daughter of a seamstress, she constructed clothing designs and explored fabric textures at a young age. After studying, English Literature and Writing at the University of Northern Colorado, Jenn worked in the Salon Industry while learning leather work on the side.
In 2011, Jenn moved to a ranch in rural Wyoming with her husband Drew, and conceived of her first leather goods branch "JMary Leathers" that sold tooled cuffs and jewlery. In 2016, Jenn expanded her brand portfolio into "LovLeathers' and introduced her signature line of envelope clutches that is a favorite among western fashion influencers. Jenn constantly designs and creates new bags with an eye on ever-evolving accessory trends. Jenn loves fostering relationships with unique vendors, suppliers, and tanneries across the U.S. to bring luxury-quality cowhides, Native Made Turquoise and vintage textile designs to her clientele. Jenn hand designs, cuts, and sews each product using traditional leather working techniques- ensuring every Lovleathers product is a creation of love.