2. Cut out your leather using a rotary cutter and leather scissors.
3. Using a 1/8" drive punch, punch holes for magnetic rivets.
4. Install magnetic rivets.
5. Using Tanner's Bond® Tape, secure both pattern pieces together.
6. Mark rivet holes 1/8" from the top, 1/8" from the edge, and 1/2" apart OR mark your stitch line if you choose to hand sew this project.
7. Using a 1/8" drive punch, punch holes for rivets OR mark sewing holes with a pricking iron if you would prefer to hand sew this project.
8. Use a rivet setter to set your rivets OR take this time to hand sew your project.
9. That's it - you have a finished glasses case!
Elia De Leòn
Elia De Leòn is a designer and stylist. She comes from generations of dress makers, which inspired her to pursue a degree in apparel design. Her mom has played a major role in her career path - she didn’t have much growing up so she learned to make and alter her clothes. This skill was passed down to Elia along with ingenuity and a love for making something out of nothing.
Today Elia De Leòn Designs is a sustainable design house. “We transform recycled garments, dead-stock fabrics and leather into new things you will love to wear”.
All Leathercraft Library patterns and projects are property of Tandy Leather. Projects and patterns available are a part of the Tandy Leather Archive and may contain outdated product information or service offerings. Projects and patterns can be reproduced for personal use by printing, but Tandy Leather cannot guarantee the quality of reproduction or printing due to the image quality available. Some project and pattern themes or motifs may not be representative of Tandy Leather’s current views.